We’re not just here to help when problems develop with your teeth. We’re also happy to advise on preventative measures you can take to keep your teeth in top condition, reducing the amount of visits you need to make to the dentist.
It’s essential to have a routine check-up with your dentist at least once a year. Should you be having some problems with your teeth, book an appointment with our hygienist who will assess your teeth and gums and recommend the best treatment for you.
An annual check-up, combined with professional care from a hygienist when required, will result in a healthy mouth, and reduce the risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
Treatments Available from Our Hygienist
- A full ‘Scale and Polish’ of your teeth;
- Advice on the best methods of brushing and flossing to remove the build-up of bacterial plaque;
- General maintenance on fillings to make cleaning easier;
- Advice on diet and other habits, such as smoking, and the effects they have on the health of your mouth;
- An evaluation and a long term plan to get the best results. This may include reviews if treatment is ineffective.
Although visiting our hygienist on a regular basis will help to keep your mouth clean and healthy, it’s important to still take good care of your teeth at home. Keep all of this in mind, and a healthy smile can be easy to achieve!